UK Withdraws Embassy Staff from Yemen
The UK is temporarily withdrawing part of its embassy staff in Sana'a, Yemen, citing the high risk of increased tension and violent clashes expected on Friday, March 25th, said a foreign office spokesman.
A small core staff will be left in place, and the British government strongly advises against all travel to Yemen.
"Given the situation on the ground, it will be very difficult for the British Government to provide consular assistance in the event of a further breakdown of law and order and increased violent civil disorder," said the spokesman.
More than 50 protestors were killed in Yemen last week after clashes between forces supporting Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh and opposition groups.